Guest Author: Gabrielle Bisset

Today I have the lovely Gabrielle Bisset here with me on my blog. I caught up with Gabrielle and managed to ask her a few questions.

When did you first decide to become an author and what inspired you to write your first story?
I’ve been writing for years, but I guess the conscious decision to become an author came just a few years ago. I’ve written many stories before Stolen Destiny, but what inspired me to write that story was a dream. I don’t think I’d ever had such a vivid dream, and when I woke up the next morning, I knew I had to write everything I could remember down. I did and those details were the beginning of the Destined Ones series, of which Stolen Destiny is the first book.

How have you found your journey so far as an author?
My journey as an author has been an interesting one. For me, the joy is in the writing. That’s never been better. As many before have mentioned, I’m sure, it’s the business end of the author’s life that’s the work. I went with a publisher for my first book, but I’ll be indie publishing my stories after that. I’ve found the indie publishing world to be so enjoyable. It’s a lot of responsibility, but it’s so much fun. I love having the choices to make and knowing they’re all mine to tackle.

Your new release, Stolen Destiny, is a paranormal romance. What drew you to the genre and why do you like writing it?
I love paranormal romance because it combines love and the fantastic. It’s a genre that allows me to write characters who can do supernatural things while still giving me the opportunity to write romance.

Can you tell my readers a little about Stolen Destiny?
Stolen Destiny is the story of Varek Leale and Callia Reynolds. As Aeveren, they have been blessed with the gifts of reincarnation and destined ones. But Varek has spent lifetimes in Nil, Aeveren prison, for murdering his first destined one in a crime of passion, and he fears hurting Callia this time around. For her part, Callia is somewhat naive because Varek is her first destined one but strong, so she fights for the relationship to grow, even as he’s telling her to forget him and use her free will to turn away from their destiny. Varek has been released by the Council to find a murderer who’s killing Aeveren parents, and he has the additional problem of having to solve the crimes before he’s allowed to stay with Callia because if he doesn’t, he’ll have to return to Nil. And things get even more difficult for the two when they have to enlist the help of one of the most powerful Aeveren to ever live, Amon Kalins. As an ancient Aeveren in his 47th lifetime, he possesses enormous powers, including the ability to manipulate time, and he wants Callia.

Stolen Destiny is also the first book in a series. What can you tell us about the series? Do you have other books planned for it?
The Destined Ones series is about Aeveren, a race of people who come from the Archangel Raziel. He blessed them with three gifts: reincarnation, destined ones, and powers. However, just as with human beings, some Aeveren are more powerful than others who have little or no special abilities. The most powerful Aeveren possess powers such as teleportation, telepathy, time travel, and even mind control. Others have heightened senses but little more. When it comes to love, Aeveren are paired with another who is destined for them, but often the interference of others, particularly those fellow Aeveren who are more powerful, makes romance difficult. The second book in the Destined Ones series, Destiny Redeemed, will be indie published in September and I hope to have the third book in the series out late this year.

What else are you working on at the moment and what releases do you have coming up?
Currently, I’m working on the third novella in a trilogy that are all set in Victorian England. The first novella, Vampire Dreams, is a paranormal romance out now. The second, Love’s Master, is an historical romance with some light BDSM and is scheduled for release in mid July. The third novella, currently without a title, is another historical romance, and I plan to release that in August. I intend on combining them into one book in late fall and in that form they’ll be available in paperback. As for the Destined Ones series, I’m working on the third book, tentatively entitled Destiny Unbound, which I hope to have released by the end of this year.

When you sit down to write, do you have a specific routine you go through? Is there anything you always have to do before writing, like finding a quiet place, grabbing a cup of coffee, or turning on some music?
I hand write everything before I type it, so I always have pen and paper when I sit down, in addition to a large glass of iced tea. I also have to be listening to music when I write–usually the 70s channel on Sirius radio. And I tend to only write at night, except for Saturdays, when I write all day.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I am definitely a plotter, particularly with my novellas. With the novel length books, I usually begin writing with an idea in mind and by the 7th or 8th chapter I begin to outline what will happen until the end. With the novellas, however, I’m very much an outliner before I even begin the story.

When you’re not writing, what sort of books do you enjoy reading, and what else do you indulge in as a past time or way of relaxing?
I love to read romance, particularly paranormal and historical. They just work for me. I also like mysteries. When I’m not reading, I love to watch movies or work in my garden. The more time I can spend outside, the better.

And finally, which character you’ve written is your favourite and why? And which character is most like you?
This is so difficult! I love Varek from Stolen Destiny, even more since I had to defend him so much to get him published as I truly envisioned him. He’s a good soul who made one very big mistake, so the softie in me loves him for that. Amon, also from Stolen Destiny, was so incredibly fun to write, though. He’s bad and so very smooth, so there’s very much something about him as the bad boy to love, especially when you see him in his story, Destiny Redeemed. I think I fall in love with every male hero I write, to be honest. And which character is most like me? I think the answer would have to be Lily from Love’s Master because she’s a strong-willed woman who likes an even stronger man.

Stolen Destiny
Gabrielle Bisset

Released from Nil to find a murderer, a prison-hardened Varek Leale is convinced no woman deserves the man he’s become, but his Aeveren destiny makes him succumb to sweet and sexy Callia Reynolds. To catch the murderer, they turn to Amon Kalins, an ancient Aeveren with the power to control time. But Amon isn’t a man to trifle with and when he wants something, he’ll use his considerable powers, devastating charm, and good looks to get it.

What Amon wants is Callia. When he manipulates time and seduces Callia away, Varek must turn to the people who set him free for help to get her back. But the Council doesn’t do anything without requiring something in return, and what they want is Amon Kalins, one of the most powerful Aeveren ever. Varek will do what he must to capture him and find Callia because if he doesn’t, she’ll be lost to him for untold lifetimes.

Find out more about Stolen Destiny at Gabrielle’s website: http://www.gabriellebisset.com/

Author Biography
College history professor by day, Gabrielle Bisset spends her nights and weekends writing erotic romance. An avid reader since childhood, she read her first romance novel before she’d entered high school and was hooked. Every step of the way since, through college and grad school, moving to Europe, marrying and having children, romance novels were with her. In addition to a love of reading, Gabrielle loved writing. After a humble start with her high school newspaper, she continued to write in college and grad school, enjoying the erotic romances she wrote far more than the research papers she was assigned. A desire to eat and have a roof over her head led to a teaching job, but the desire to write never went away.

Her first novel, Stolen Destiny, will be released by Siren Publishing on June 29, 2011. In addition, her trilogy of erotic novellas set in Victorian England will be released summer 2011. The first novella, Vampire Dreams, will be published on June 10, with the second novella, Love’s Master, and the third novella, Masquerade, out in July and August.

Find out more about this author at:
Bloghttp://gbisset.blogspot.com/
Website http://www.gabriellebisset.com/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gabrielle-Bisset/135134056553049
Twitter – http://twitter.com/gabriellebisset

About Felicity Heaton

I'm a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books as Felicity Heaton and F E Heaton. In my books I create detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons! If you're a fan of paranormal romance authors Lara Adrian, Larissa Ione, Kresley Cole, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter and Christine Feehan then you will love my books too.

This entry was posted in guest blogger. Bookmark the permalink.