I’ve been debating the schedule for my remaining paranormal romance book releases in 2012. Originally I was going to follow this schedule:
I can’t decide whether to swap Enslave and Her Demonic Angel. If I do, then the release dates won’t stay exactly the same. I would have to release Her Demonic Angel closer to the end of August, and Enslave would then be released around the beginning of October. My reason for changing them around is that I know people are waiting for the next book in the Her Angel series and I do hate to keep my readers waiting. I know I can probably get the book edited in time for a late August release date, around 3 weeks before the current scheduled release.
Of course, as I said, that then pushes the release of Enslave into October or possibly right at the end of September. At the moment, it’s all theoretical and all comes down to how long it takes me to do the second draft of Her Demonic Angel, which I’ve just started. After the second draft, it needs to sit for a while and then I need to polish it, and then finally proof it. I’ve read through Her Demonic Angel and it seems to be in good order, with only minor changes throughout and some work needed on the end and a couple of other scenes in the book. Even so, it is a 130,000 word book, so it will take time to edit regardless of how much or how little work has to be done on it.
If I do manage to get the second draft done in reasonable time, then there is every chance that the new release schedule for the rest of my paranormal romance books this year will look more like this:
It’s all very much up in the air right now though but I would like to see this switch around happen. It might not be possible just because Her Demonic Angel is such a huge book to edit and I don’t like to rush these things. Plus, it destroys any wiggle room that I had built into my schedule to allow for things like feeling under the weather, last minute trips, general slacking or lack of inspiration.
I am looking forward to writing again though. I think I’m stuck in editing Hell for the next few months so I’ll be crazy from desire to write by the end of it.
What do you all think? Would you prefer to get Her Demonic Angel three weeks earlier than scheduled or are you happy to wait for the original September release date?